Paralleling & protection unit PPU-3
Easy to operate and configure, DEIF’s PPU-3 control and protection unit is an ideal controller for PLC-based power management systems.
Apart from generator protection and synchronization, the PPU-3 also features regulation modes including load sharing, fixed power, fixed frequency, etc. Serial communication enables easy interfacing with PLCs, SCADA-systems and more, and the unit features all necessary three-phase measuring circuits, displaying all values and alarms on a quality LCD screen.
Turning the PPU-3 into an engine control unit featuring start/stop and protection functionalities, the optional engine interface card also has a separate power supply and an independent microprocessor.
In cases of PPU-3 processor breakdowns, the engine interface card will enter into backup mode and ensure uninterrupted engine supervision.
In cases of shutdown alarms, the engine shuts down automatically, making it a reliable solution for control and supervision of marine gensets.
Additional Operator Panels (AOP) can easily be installed and integrated for further levels of remote control, supervision and status indication. Both displays and panels feature a dimmer function for use on the ship’s bridge.
With a range of additional hardware options available, as well as DEIF’s Multi-Line 2 Utility Software v.3 (USW-3) with programmable logic (M-Logic), you can customize the application to suit your needs exactly: dedicate specific functions or logic conditions to different inputs and outputs and tune all sequences according to your requirements.
Free software download and upgrade at www.deif.com.
- Internal system supervision
- Engine control, monitoring and protection
- 3-phase generator protections
- Automatic synchronization
- Load sharing
- Internal CAN bus and analog load-share line
- Multiple display units and multiple Additional Operator Panels (AOPs)
- RS-485 and TCP/IP Modbus communication ports
- Interface to the DEIF advanced graphical touch screen AGI
- CAN bus port for J1939 engine supervision
- Alarm and event log
- USB port for service software
- Up to 690 V AC direct AC inputs
- Trip of non essential load groups (preferential trip)
- Advanced fuel optimization features
- M-Logic event builder
- Integrated emulation software solution