Wind sensor WSS 500 & WSS 550
The ultrasonic measuring principle with no moving parts gives reliable performance without any wear-out problems and without requiring regular service.
The new WSS 550 version has a built-in heating element to prevent icing up.
WSS 500 & 550 can both be connected directly to a control system and concurrently send data to an XDi-N wind speed and direction indicator placed on the bridge.
An obvious alternative if you want high performance and reliability—not low-cost/high-maintenance!
WSS 550 With heating
WSS 500 Without heating
- Measures wind speed and direction
- IP66 housing
- Intelligent heating prevents icing up
- Working temperature down to -40 °C
- Proven and robust technology
- Advanced system integration with XDi-N
- Plug’n’play replacement for WSS/WSS-L
- Fully compatible with WSDI-2 indicators
- All relevant major class approvals